Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sometimes I get frustrated with my life, feeling like I've settled for an existence that is rather boring. I struggle to get out of bed in the morning to go do work that should be meaningful. I delay going to sleep at night because it feels like I can momentarily forget the inevitability of repeating the cycle again in the morning.

I admit that I do crave excitement which is harder and harder to find in this culture of overstimulation. But somewhere deep inside me, there is a longing for the simple, the most basic elements of life. I want to be satisfied with less. To find more value in the relational (Jesus & others) and less in the material (everything else).

How can I return to that simple life?

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:12, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment