Translate

Monday, May 11, 2015

uncertain times [journal excerpt from 7 years ago]

Excerpt from my journal, when I was about to graduate from Georgetown University

May 8, 2008

Jesus,

I have so much to talk about, but I feel so pressed for time...anyway, first, I wanted to than You for speaking to me and opening my ears to hear it. Thank You for Catacombs [church worship event] on Sunday and for reminding me that what others say about me doesn't matter--I'm a daughter of God, and nothing anybody says can change that. No job title can define me. You have created me with certain passions and You have given me a dream--no one can take that away. I pray that You continue to speak these truthes to me, especially over the next few critical weeks.

Thank You so much for the Social Justice Bible Study and all the events surrounding it. Thank You for [the woman] on the bus, questioning who is the ruler of this world, and why is there so much chaos. Thank You for the Bible Study itself and how You really got me thinking about living a lifestyle of social justice, and how this should just be an outpouring of Your spirit within me. Thank You for my scare coming home--it helped me consider the implications of what I want to do with my life (living and/or traveling in areas where I feel/am unsafe). Thank You, thank You, thank You.

God, please give me discernment over the next couple of weeks as I have to make difficult decisions. Also, give me grace and favor during my interview tomorrow. Open the door if this would be according to Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment