Translate

Friday, January 1, 2016

lessons learned from 2015

I have found out that, although I continue to journal regularly, I have not been quite so consistent with blogging. (I have about 10 drafts that I have not completed from the past six months.)

I began 2015 so full of hope and excitement for new opportunities and experiences, but by the end of the year I was disillusioned and exhausted. The truth is that I had lost my focus. While #practicegratitude and #nofear2015 were good reminders about how I wanted to make some intentional changes in my life, I slowly over-committed myself by trying too many of the things that I had always wanted to do. (I felt so empowered--nothing was stopping me!) Before I knew it, I was spending very little time at home. At some point in this process, I also got distracted from my personal devotion to Christ.

I am not going to make a long list of goals this year. I didn't really complete most of the ones that I set for last year. But that doesn't mean that 2015 was a failure. I learned that in order for me to be able to help others, I must first take care of myself. I am also reminded that I must continue to place Christ as first in my life, even when things get busy and/or stressful.

I am excited to leave the pain of 2015 behind without forgetting the lessons I've learned. Here's to a new year with a new focus!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment