Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New Year mercies

Here in KC we've been enjoying a bit of an "Indian Summer," with temperatures quite warmer than usual for winter. The weather and sunshine have a direct impact on my mood - I've been feeling excited for spring (prematurely) and for the fresh start of this new year. 

I don't really like setting New Year's Resolutions, but I think that I've been caught up in the excitement of a chance to begin again. I have an overly ambitious list running in my mind of areas that I'm hoping to see improvement in - I've already found myself feeling discouraged about the ways that I've let myself down. So I have to remind myself today that no matter how hard my situation may seem, I can find rest knowing that His mercies are new every morning, not just at the beginning of a new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment