Translate

Friday, March 8, 2019

Lent 2019

During this time of Lent, I've felt God telling me to simplify, to get rid of distractions and to exercise some discipline. I'm sure that I could find a plethora of excuses for some of my behavior, but I know I need to address these specific areas of my life. It seems silly to list them out, but there is significance in naming them. I've found myself impulsively purchasing items that I don't need or "binging" on streaming shows. So I've prayerfully decided to abstain from such purchases or binges during these six weeks in order to exercise gratitude for all that He has given me and to give generously away the items that I no longer need. And instead of mindlessly wasting time watching shows that do not benefit me in any way, I will spend time in His word, which always fills me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment