Translate

Friday, November 6, 2020

healthy limits

I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed this past month and especially this week with everything going on around me in politics, with the pandemic, and with the extreme polarization even within the Church. I’ve learned, the hard way, the importance of setting boundaries of my media consumption, including my social media consumption. That doesn’t always mean to completely eliminate consuming all media. I know that I’ve been blessed to participate in some prayer services through online means. But scrolling through the extreme and often hateful commentary on IG or FB doesn’t benefit me in any way. 

I have to be intentional in how I spend my time during this season. My Father is the One who renews my strength, through my time speaking with Him, in Worship, and in His Word. So while I wait for the presidential election results, I can choose to avoid anxiety and fear by focusing on His truth and character. He is faithful and will give me the strength and grace to make it through whatever comes next, just like He always has. And I’m so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment