Translate

Friday, January 8, 2021

our story is unfolding

Over the past few years I've come to really love thinking of my life in terms of seasons or chapters. This has helped me to have hope during the hard times, knowing that that particular season wouldn't last forever. I've also learned to take a step back to reflect on what the Lord has already done in previous times of my life to give me confidence for the future, which is why I'm constantly encouraging others to journal as a spiritual discipline. And just like any novel with an exciting plot, no detail included in our lives is wasted. Our Lord redeems every low point, disappointment, mistake, and tragedy. Nothing is wasted in His hands. 

I recently heard a song that reminded me to take a step back and have hope for this year and for the future: "As long as You're in it, the story's not finished. I know You've overcome, so I know I'll overcome." [Breakthrough Miracle Power by Passion] I hope that this encourages you to keep going - your story isn't finished yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment