Translate

Monday, February 8, 2021

my word for 2021

Last month I had the opportunity to go on a personal prayer & planning retreat, something I try to do at least two times per year. The main goal of my retreat was to reflect upon last year and to ask the Lord for a word/direction for 2021. I believe He told me to focus on “surrender” for this year. To surrender is to trust that His ways are better than mine – it doesn’t take much contemplation for me to know that’s true. It’s also an act of worship. My life is not about me; it’s about bringing Him glory and honor. Instead of allowing myself to become disappointed when circumstances don’t meet my expectations, I’m choosing to trust His will AND say that it is good, even when I don’t understand. I often remind myself to pray: “Your will. Your way. Your timing.” 


One practical way I plan on maintaining an attitude of surrender is through observing a Sabbath, a command that I’ve never taken seriously enough. It’s only been about a month since I’ve started doing this, but I’m already immensely enjoying the benefits of resting and delighting in Him. I used to really struggle with the feeling that I never had enough time to journal my prayers and thoughts during the week. Now I look forward to “catching up” on journaling each Saturday morning (after sleeping in) and then having a whole day with nothing competing for my time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment