Translate

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Spring has sprung

Spring has certainly sprung in Kansas City. In addition to the temperatures finally warming up, spring reminds me of renewal, rebirth, healing, and hope. I often talk about seasons in life. My mom loves gardening and has been excitedly planting bulbs and seeds these past couple of weeks. She understands that these plants start out as small seeds or bulbs and need water, sunshine, and care in order to develop and grow.

I remember that the dormant, empty moments of winter are only a prelude to the spring, making me value and appreciate the spring that much more. And my Papa promises that His purposes will be accomplished – we may not see it now, but we are growing, and He is tending to us. His purposes and promises will be fulfilled. And that gives me hope right now, in whichever circumstances I find myself.


“As the rain and the snow

    come down from heaven,

and do not return to it

    without watering the earth

and making it bud and flourish,

    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

    It will not return to me empty,

but will accomplish what I desire

    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

[Isa. 55:10,11]


May you be encouraged with the hope that He is still working in you and through you in this season. You will soon see the new life that has been germinating under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment