Translate

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

another Ebenezer

I’ve been excited to share with you that this past August 18th marked seven years since my first brain surgery! I call this date my “surgiversary” (the anniversary of my surgery). My most recent brain MRI was in June and my health care team was pleased with the results, stating that there had been no changes on my scans over the past three years (which is when I had finished my chemotherapy treatment). This means that the plan is for me to continue getting MRIs every six months for the next couple of years, at which point I'll have the choice to get these scans just once a year if I'm comfortable with that.

I’ve long believed that one of my callings in life is to encourage others through sharing my story. This conviction has taken on even more significance as I’ve navigated through these health challenges. On this past surgiversary I posted online the “after” photo of when I was released from the hospital following my first surgery. Then a classmate I went to Georgetown with reached out to me and shared that she’d unexpectedly had a brain tumor removed earlier this year. She was hoping that I’d be able to share resources for healing and rebuilding after brain tumor removal. Although our experiences have not been the same, I’ve been able to share what I’ve found helpful and what I wish I would’ve found out earlier in my recovery journey. The overarching message of what I’ve shared with her and others is that although my recovery journey hasn’t been as smooth or quick as I would’ve hoped, I’m still overwhelmed with gratitude of how far the Lord has carried me and His faithfulness along the way.

I’ll leave you with some lyrics from my *current* favorite worship song, “Just As Good” by Chris Renzema (feat. Ellie Holcomb):

“And I will build an altar
and stack it stone by stone
'cause every Ebeneezer says I've never been alone.
My faith will surely falter
but that [doesn't] change what You've done
'cause every Ebeneezer points to where my help comes from.”

No comments:

Post a Comment