Translate

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

music and wonder

 As we rapidly approach the holiday season, I'm reminded (once again) of how grateful I am. Yes, the majority of my reflections are on gratitude, but I do believe that my renewed focus on gratitude/worship has radically improved all aspects of my life. 

I had the privilege of attending a classical music performance this past Sunday evening. A dear friend of mine, who is in my house church community, composed the music and wrote the lyrics that were performed by a local four-piece string quartet and a mezzo-soprano singer. I was moved to tears by the beauty of the music as well as by experiencing the fruition of my friend's long-time dream and answer to prayer.  

Isn't our God amazing? Music is one of my favorite ways to hear His voice and to experience the wonder of His creation. May we all experience a renewed sense of awe as we enter this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment